Subheader

one woman's journey of self-discovery, weight loss, and taking back control

Monday, March 18, 2013

Pregnancy and Herbalife

UPDATED! See Below!

I am feeling rather huge these days.  I am starting to get really anxious about getting back to my weight loss once the baby arrives.  I have my goals set and I can't wait to continue working toward them.  It has been difficult for me to see the numbers on the scale go up after so much hard work in getting them to go down.  I know that it is good, healthy weight.  I have maintained my clothing size, my rings are still lose, and I didn't have to buy bigger shoes this time.  That helps me realize how helpful my Herbalife products have been to me during this pregnancy.

I have been blessed to have 3 healthy pregnancies with no complications or major issues.  However, this pregnancy has been WAY different for me.  I have felt so good.  Energy is not a word you hear associated with pregnancy very often unless you are talking about a lack of...but I can honestly say I feel so energetic and healthy.  I admit that I don't have my full amount of "gusto" from pre-baby but I also don't have to power nap to make it through my days.  My blood work all came back perfectly.  My glucose test was the lowest it has been for any of my pregnancies.  The one major difference is that I have a history of anemia and had to take an iron supplement with my first two pregnancies.  This time...no iron!

I am confident that with the help of my Herbalife plan I will bounce back from this pregnancy and keep moving forward.  I said that I was feeling huge these days...even though I feel pretty darn good for being 8 months pregnant.  I decided today to look at pictures from my daughter's baby shower that was exactly 4 years ago.  Suddenly I felt a little bit better about how "huge" I feel now.


For those of you curious about which products I am taking during this pregnancy here you go...the list is a long one and my doctor is aware of my product usage.  I have also discontinued a few of the supplements that I normally take until after I'm finished nursing.  Please note: This is what I have chosen to do for myself. Some of these supplements may not be for you during pregnancy, but you should talk to your doctor.  For instance, if you have high blood pressure you may want to avoid the Herbal concentrate tea.  You know your body...do what is best for you and your baby. 

Formula One Shake (2-3 per day mixed with skim milk or PDM)
Protein Drink Mix (1-2 scoops mixed with shake)
Multivitamin (1 tablet 3-4 times daily)
Cell Activator (2 tablets twice daily with shake)
Cell U Loss (1 tablet three times daily)
Aminogen (1 tablet three times daily)
Snack Defense (1 tablet two times daily)
Flora Fiber (1 tablet three times daily)
Garden 7 (1 tablet three times daily)
CoQ10 (1 tablet daily)
Herbalifeline (1 tablet three times daily)
Schizandra (1 tablet two times daily)
Rose Guard (1 tablet two times daily)
Ocular Defense (1 tablet daily)
Triple Berry Complex (1 tablet daily)
NRG (1 tablet 2-3 times daily)
Xtra-Cal (1 tablet 3 times daily)
Herbal Concentrate Tea (3-6 servings daily...I LOVE my tea! However I did avoid it during the first trimester)
Formula One Express Meal Bars (On occasion to replace a shake)
Protein Bars (As as snack on occasion)
Beverage Mix (As a snack on occasion)
Active Fiber Complex (I used this a lot in the first trimester mixed in my shake)
Herbal Aloe Concentrate (and lots of it during the first trimester for morning sickness!!!)
Herbal Aloe Hand and Body Wash (daily)
Herbal Aloe Hand and Body Cream (daily)
Herbal Aloe Soothing Gel (as needed)
Herbal Aloe Strengthening Shampoo (daily)
MultiVitamin Skin Care System (daily)
Nourifusion MultiVitamin Exfoliating Scrub (weekly)
Plus many other Personal Care Products as needed

These are the products that I discontinued for the duration of my pregnancy and some I will not continue until after I finish nursing.  The reason for not taking these is simply because the labels state that they are not recommended for use by pregnant women. Herbalife is very good at following labeling laws and mega dosing laws!

Total Control
Joint Support
Tang Kuei
Thermo-Bond
21 day cleanse
Sleep Now
Relax Now
Lift-Off



Herbalife products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. However, when the body is getting complete nutrition at the cellular level amazing results can occur! 

28 comments:

  1. Do you take all those products in one day? If so how do you take them then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I updated my post with exactly what I'm taking! Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you find the herbal aloe helpful for heartburn? I have been so weary of anything as this is my first baby but love herbal life. I wish I would have read this sooner! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most definitely! I drank aloe all day long for morning sickness at the beginning and for heartburn at the end. Never in a million years would I take anything that I wasn't completely confident would be safe for my baby, so I definitely recommend continuing on your core nutrition especially during your pregnancy! Best of luck to you and your new blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have to put it in the tea or can you drink it by itself. Disclaimer: I am new this life lol and im expecting.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sarah

    I love coming upon your blog. I am from South Africa and 14 years on Herbalife, both my children we're conceived, born and raised with Herbalife. With my second pregnancy, I walked with the Herbalife under my arm into the hospital and kept on drinking Tang Keui and RoseOx through out the labor process, which went by quickly. 24 hours later I went home and yeah, it is so true, energy like you never would believe it and recovery!!! Enjoy every moment. O yeah, I also breastfeeded with Roseox and Tang Keui by my side! Herbalife babies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi. My herbalife distributor has sold me Tang Keui and i'm 12 weeks pregnant. Also it has cost $381 Aus dollars for 7 products that will roughly last 1 month. I can only imagine how much it costs for your long list of products. If i could afford it i would definitely give it all a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy, talk to your Herbalife coach about getting a discount! It's well worth becoming a member!

      Delete
  7. You look great!!
    This is my second pregnancy, gained 80lbs last time
    Herbalife baby now I'm 23wks have gained about 8lbs or less

    I'm only doing 1 shake for breakfast fast, cell activator and
    I feel awesome

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently had a baby and I wanted to know do you recommend snack defense? And I'm nursing so do you think cell u loss with deplete my milk supply?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shamona, sorry for the delay in responding. I took snack defense and also cell u loss while pregnant and nursing. I am still nursing my 15 month old and have never had any issues. That being said, every woman is different and I recommend discussing your options with your health coach as well as your doctor! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  9. Hi, Do you consume any food or just Herbalife products?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sian, I consumed plenty of food as well. During my pregnancy I replaced my breakfast and afternoon snack with my shakes. I ate a light lunch, morning snack, and a healthy dinner as well.

      Delete
  10. P.s. You look fabulous... Glowing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pls repl mam am feeding can i use cell u loss pill n afesh tea n herbalife formula 1 and 3 during feeding pls repl dam urgnt 10 month old baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used all of those products during my pregnancy. I cannot tell you what you personally can or cannot take. That is definitely something you need to discuss with your health coach and your doctor. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. Goodday, I am well aware that this post is about 2 years old. If Mariska Burger or Sarah Mitchell can please advice on how to give herbalife shake instead of baby formula, I would appreciate. Please???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can be much help with this. I started giving my child shakes after she started solid food. She was exclusively breast fed until that point. I have heard of people giving it to babies instead of formula, but I cannot advise one way or another about that. I would definitely talk to your pediatrician and recommend bringing the container with you.

      Delete
  13. Hi, what does cellulose help during pregnancy. I am scared of continuing herbalife since I am a high risk of hbp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used cell-u-loss to help prevent water retention. I highly recommend taking your products to your next appointment and discuss the benefits of using them during your pregnancy. Your doctor may advise against it. It's always best to follow the advice of your doctor who knows what's best for your health and situation.

      Delete
  14. You can drink the aloe by itself. Just make sure if you buy the concentrate that you dilute it with water. Otherwise the ready to drink is fine straight from the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can we take celluloss while nursing? Please let me know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did take cell-u-loss while nursing. However, I recommend talking to your coach and your doctor before taking anything. Everyone has unique nutritional needs.

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete