Subheader

one woman's journey of self-discovery, weight loss, and taking back control

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Gym Rat

Some of you know that three of us are opening a new Nutrition Club next month, so we have been going business to business in the area meeting some of the local people and advertising for our weight loss challenges.  I was a little nervous about that at first, but it has been a lot of fun.  I love meeting new people and it makes me realize that you definitely can't judge a book by its cover.  

Yesterday afternoon we were pounding the pavement and found ourselves in a local strip mall.  There happened to be a gym in this strip mall and Jessica and I were a little intimidated.  We stopped outside and tried to decide who would do the talking.  In fact we almost skipped it! However, we went inside and talked to the receptionist, pinned our information to the bulletin board and walked out the door.  Before the door closed, she came out behind us and said that the Manager wanted to talk to us.  

So, long story short...we talked to the manager who is looking to lose 50 pounds and both ended up signing up for a membership.  It was a great price, my 10 year old is able to work out with me, AND they have FREE unlimited child care while you work out so I don't have to get someone to watch my 3 year old.  She also agreed to let us use their space to run some of our Fit Camps.  

With the membership we get 2 free personal training sessions, so I was pretty excited about that.  I just really need someone to show me what to do...then stand there and make sure I do it and do it correctly.  I am really good at telling myself "that's good enough".  I didn't want to waste any time, so I agreed to come back at 10 am today for my first session.  The trainer came in and I was instantly scared...he looked like the Incredible Hulk!

So, today, Cameron and I headed back to the gym and I was a little scared as to what I was getting myself into...  He was very nice, asked what my goals were and what parts of my body I'm most concerned about and he focused on that.  He was not easy on me at all, but I was very impressed by myself.  I managed to not whine or complain once!  I got through the full 30 minute butt kicking and left feeling like Jello!  I'm pretty sure I will not be able to lift anything or walk tomorrow, but I have a feeling that I am going to love the results in a few weeks.  I get to go back Monday for part 2......

No comments:

Post a Comment